Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:52 am   

CMUD v1.25 Public Version released

I have released the v1.25 Public Release of CMUD.

Lots of bugs have been fixed in this version.
----

See the Version History for the list of bugs and changes in this version of CMUD. Even though I have made a lot of changes and bug fixes, I'm still marking this as a Public Version because I think it is much more stable than the 1.24 version. Still plenty of bugs left to fix, but most of the major problems were fixed in this version.

This version doesn't contain any new features...just bug fixes. See the Status of New Features article for a list of the many features still to be added to CMUD in the future. In particular, the Mapper and Database modules will under-go major rewrites in 2007. So, I'm sorry if your favorite feature hasn't been added to CMUD yet, but more stuff will come over time. I expect CMUD to continuously improve over time, just like zMUD did.

Please use the new CMUD General Discussion Forum to discuss general stuff about the public version. However, I won't be as active for the next couple of weeks as I help Chiara recover from her surgery. I'll post in my blog how that's going. Until we know more, I can't make any promises on when the next version will be.

But hopefully with all of the bug fixes in v1.25 you will be able to use CMUD more seriously now. I really tried to listen to the feedback given in the CMUD Discussion Forum about what people wanted to see in 1.25 (stability, bug fixes, and mapper fixes). I hope all of my hard work paid off and that this new version will work better for everyone.

Last edited by Zugg on Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:10 am   

Thanks Zugg, looks like a lot of work went into 1.25.
Hope Chiara recovers well.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:57 am   

There were a lot of problems in the first release of v1.25. If you downloaded v1.25 before this message was posted (approximately 10:00pm Pacific time), then please download 1.25 again. I no longer do "a" or "b" releases, so the version number hasn't changed between these minor updates. If in doubt, just download it again. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks to all of those who reported the initial problems and helped me fix them. There are probably other problems, but they will just have to wait at least a week until Chiara gets out of the hospital. Just can't deal with any more programming stuff right now. Hopefully 1.25 will work well enough and people can post work-arounds to any other problems that they find.
DrinkLyeAndDie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:14 am   

I've used ZMUD and now CMUD for many many years. Kudos to all the work you've done. But... for all it's worth take all the time you need with Chiara. There is what is nice... and there is what is important and CMUD is not higher on the list.

Best wishes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: