Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
LMarieH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:26 pm   

Very new user could use your help

Hi everyone.

I play Imperian and have for sometime now. I was a user of ZMUD, but my computer litterally blew a month ago, so I've bought a new one which runs on Vista. This means, then, that I have to use CMUD. Sadly, Z will not work on Vista for me.

All of my scrips where gifts, so I know next to nothign about coding, and no one I know uses CMUD.

So... I have some really basic questions, if you all could point me to where I can find the answers, or answer them for me, I'm very sooo greatful.

Thanks in advance-
L

QUESTION 1: I need to make an alias that's quantity dependant (I'm a concoctionalist, so I need to make hea3 make 3 health eliers, hea7 make seven and so fourth). I know how to make an alias to make 1 of the elixer, I just don't know how to add qty.

Actually.. that's the question I have for now.

I'll get back with more. I'm sure! Thanks!
[/img]
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:33 pm   

The easiest way is to add an argument to the alias the contains the number. For example:

HEALTH <number>
#alias health {#loop %1 {create health elixir}}

Slightly longer but easier to read:

#alias health($number) {#loop $number {create health elixir}}

Have a look at the help file on aliases, it explains how to use the %1 and $variable syntaxes.

EDIT: I thought I'd expand on this a little bit. The aliases I used back in the day went something like this:

#alias rhea {#var refills %1;#loop @refills {outr whatever;inpot whatever;#wait 500};drop pot;boil pot for health}
#alias fivals {get pot;#loop @refills {fill vial from pot; give vial to %1;#wait 500}}

Which worked under zMUD and should still work under CMUD. Most simple scripts will - if they don't, try running the compatability report.

I know, I shouldn't be using the #wait command, but it's the easiest way :(
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:33 am   

The "changes for zMUD users" section of the help file is the best place to start when it comes to converting zMUD scripts...
LMarieH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:55 pm   

Thanks guys!
I got it to work! Whee! :)

More questions are sure to follow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: