Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ohtar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:25 am   

List of Zmud commands that won't work under C-Mud?

Is there a list somewhere of commands that used to work in Z-mud that won't anymore in C-mud?

Would such a list be worthwhile writting or are there too many?

I don't mean BUGS but rather intentional changes, this way I can start to convert what stuff I painstakenly figured out and scratched together over the years and know what stuff is just still buggy?

I wanted to support Zuggsoft, after so may years on my 20 dollar reg fee I felt I owed it to you folks. But now I wonder if I'll ever use C-MUD since Z-Mud works as programmed.

Anyway let me know about a list.

Thanks.

Ohtar
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:57 am   

There is no list. Every single command, function, and predefined variable that exists in ZMud also exists in CMud and for the most part works as intended. Certain features and fixes may change their behaviors some, though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:51 am   

Thanks so much :)
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:54 am   

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?mode=doc&k=2622
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:38 am   

Matt, not EVERY single command is there - Priority was taken out as a command. :P

Charneus
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:26 pm   

Actually, #PRIORITY is still there. It just doesn't do anything.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:45 pm   

But some commands are missing, at least from the new version I'm working on. For example: #GALIAS and #GVAR are gone now. But yes, the link that Nexela gave above is where everyone should go to learn about differences between zMUD and CMUD.

Quote:
But now I wonder if I'll ever use C-MUD since Z-Mud works as programmed.

That might be true, but then you'd also be missing out on some of the new functions in CMUD that zMUD doesn't have. After all, I assume the reason you bought zMUD in the first place instead of just using Telnet or a free MUD client was because of the extra features that zMUD had. Over time, more and more new features will be added to CMUD.

So, even though the current priority has been to get stuff that worked in zMUD to also work in CMUD, as time goes on there will be a lot more stuff that CMUD does that zMUD doesn't.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:15 pm   

#HELP is also missing, or at least not opening the help files, i actually use it alot
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:55 pm   

No, #HELP isn't missing. It's only missing from CMUD if the F1 Quick Reference can't find it. If you enter #HELP and then press F1, you will see a listing for the command. That means the parser knows about the command. And in my copy, doing:

#HELP alias

works fine and properly displays the help topic, but this might be a bug that I've fixed in 1.25. But #HELP should still be listed in the flyout Reference panel. So let's not confuse this topic. The only commands that do not exist in CMUD are the commands that are not listed in the flyout help. That is the definitive place to look for commands and functions because it uses the same data table as the parser (as opposed to the help files which might have missing topics for undocumented commands that the parser still recognizes).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: