Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:59 pm   

Mike Potter and His Resume

For kicks I just took another look at your resume. I don't know if it's by design or because of the changes you've been making to the site the first letter of most of the lines in headers and topics is 2 - 3 times larger than the others.

I was also looking there because I was curious to know if you still did any research, reading or writing in Astrophysics? For example I recently read that the FermiLab may beat CERN in the search for the top quark. (Forgive me I don't have my Scientific American with me so I may be mis-referencing the article).

I know I'm rambling and this post probably doesn't belong where I put it, but I was curious and couldn't think of a better place to place the post.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:51 pm   

Yes, the larger initial letter was considered "stylish" back in the day :) It's been a long time since I updated it (haven't needed my resume for a while thankfully). Maybe I'll update it some night so that it doesn't look so clunky.

And yes, my PostDoc position at Los Alamos National Lab was in Astrophysics. I was involved in a project called "Cygnus" many years ago that was searching for ultra-high-energy particles from various point sources. We published some findings back in 1990 or so. As you might expect, I did a lot of the software for the project. I still keep up with reading when I can, although I don't actually subscribe to Scientific American anymore.

It's actually kind of sad how much physics and math I've forgotten over the years.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:31 pm   

Zugg wrote:
It's actually kind of sad how much physics and math I've forgotten over the years.

But ask him about pattern matching and path finding and woah!

It's interesting how the brain works, I bet if you were given a task it would all come rushing back to you, so if you ever do have a wave of physics nostalgia (is there such a thing?), you would probably be right on the ball again quickly. I'd say the hardest thing you'd face is learning the last 17 odd years of discoveries and revisions to theory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: