Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dormin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:25 am   

Multiple Sessions problem

Hello,

I have recently moved over from zmud to cmud for a numerous of reasons. Although, I have only recently started to explore deeper into the scripting area of the mud client. I am currently experiencing a real annoying problem that I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of. I did some searching on the forums and did not find any threads relevant to my problem so I made this post.

I have recently tinkered with multiple windows within a session for use with storing certain channels by echoing the lines to another window. It's working well as far as I am concerned. However, when it comes to creating a new session to log on another character to perform some tasks (immortal stuff) and it caused a lot of problems. I have a check in the trigger when it connect to the host, if the window doesn't exist it creates the window with #makewindow. It's fine to say at least, but the window is "offline" and it created a third window... I am just a bit confused :\

Another problem with this is when I have a session going on, I can't use any other sessions even after I removed other sessions layouts, it still wouldn't open the mud window. I even checked the window menu and it did not show the new session so I am not sure how to fix this. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I am running Windows XP Professional and CMUD version 1.24.

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--Dormin
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:38 am   

You need to describe exactly how you're doing what you're doing, and how its behaviour differs from what you expect. There are many ways to do things and without knowing exactly what you're doing, it's hard to suggest ways of doing it better.

For example, showing us the script you're using to check and make these new windows, and describing how it is you're opening more than one session.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:09 pm   

You don't need to use #makewindow in any script. Just create the window (using #makewindow, or #window, or using the GUI in the package editor: New/Window) *ONCE*. Once you create the window, it is stored in your session file, so you don't need to keep remaking it. If you keep using #makewindow then it will keep adding additional windows to your session each time you connect, which isn't what you want.

Note sure what you mean by the problem of using other sessions. Just select the other session you want to load from the session dropdown menu on the Sessions toolbar button and it should open it just fine. Works for me here, so you'll need to post more details on *exactly* what you are doing and how it isn't working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: