Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rolly
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:09 am   

gaging lines when squinting

In Achaea, when you squint you get a room name, a short description of denziens and things in the rooms, a list of adventurers in the room and a list of signs or other things. They are all different colors. Is there a way to gag everything but the adventurer names?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:52 am   

Use line colour triggers. The line colour option is on the trigger options tab, it matches lines that are all whichever colour you choose.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Rolly
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:44 pm   

Actually the squint command is in an alias. Is there any way to select by color in an alias? I tried to capture names but that is very difficult to do in any useful manner since the squint command gives data on titles, weapons wielded, mounts etc. Now I think it would be a lot less buggy if I can just squint all directions and see the names section and room directions. If I can get it down to one page or less it would be great. I can color or blink enemy names and that should be good enough. This script is mainly to hunt opponents in the arena or in open areas so there should actually be very few people to see and mostly room descriptions. maybe I can gag the whole squint alias and pick names and directions up on a trigger.

I hope someone can help
Rolly
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:44 pm   

Actually the squint command is in an alias. Is there any way to select by color in an alias? I tried to capture names but that is very difficult to do in any useful manner since the squint command gives data on titles, weapons wielded, mounts etc. Now I think it would be a lot less buggy if I can just squint all directions and see the names section and room directions. If I can get it down to one page or less it would be great. I can color or blink enemy names and that should be good enough. This script is mainly to hunt opponents in the arena or in open areas so there should actually be very few people to see and mostly room descriptions. maybe I can gag the whole squint alias and pick names and directions up on a trigger.

I hope someone can help
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:32 pm   

It's easy to have a line colour trigger (or set of triggers) that's only turned on when you run the alias.

#alias sq {#t+ SquintGag;#alarm +1 {#t- SquintGag}}

#trig "SquintGag" {*} {#gag}

then turn on the line colour option for your trigger. You could even use a multistate trigger for added robustness.

There's another way to look for enemies, though:

#trig {{@EnemyList}} {do whatever}

where @EnemyList is a stringlist of your enemies, like Fang|Guinn|Zugg|Arlendor.

Rolly
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:29 pm   

Thanks, that gets me veryclose. The only problem is that if a line is say half purple and half white it gags the whole line. it is better than getting 3 screens uf useless information but I do loose some names. I don't suppose there is a way around that is there?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:52 pm   

Not using #gag, no. The second way I suggested there is probably the easiest way to get a reliable result.

Anders
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:25 pm   

It should be possible to remove parts of a line that is coloured in a specific color by using ansi trigger with a pattern like this:
%e[1;31*%e[0m
and then using #sub ""
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: