Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Elkestra
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:37 am   

Browsing button images (and image formats)

I hadn't noticed it previously - either the imported ZMud script already had them associated, or i used the built-in images - but there is currently no apparent way to browse the computer for a button image in the Package Editor. Pressing the Browse button (magnifying glass) next to the Image Name textbox only shows the internal images (no way to add to those either), so you end up having to find the image path etc via Windows Explorer/My Computer, and copy/pasting it into the textbox (or entering it manually). Is there any way this could be added?

Thinking about it, an obvious reason for this 'limitation' is that Packages for the library need to be self-contained... but its also very limiting. Perhaps a solution would be some way to 'compile' resources into the package, similar to a res/resx file in a C# project?

Also, so far only 8-bit BMP files have worked for me. Given the Transparency check-box for buttons, is there any chance of getting PNG and other formats added? (As an aside, setting Transparency on a button/separator causes the inset border to vanish)

Finally, even after these minor details, I've always loved ZMud, and now CMud is looking really good.

Yours,

Elkestra
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:44 pm   

It works with any kind of bitmap for me. And also, you can get a custom image to show up on the button if you input the direct path to it (D:\My Documents\My Pictures\test.bmp) or whatever, so I see no reason why there shouldn't be a traditional browse button there too.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:45 pm   

I'll add a traditional browse button in the future. But yes, if you use external images, then people who download your package from the package library won't get any image. PNG should be supported more and more in CMUD in the future.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:50 pm   

Will it support web images?

Then you could just host them somewhere and let everyone use them from there.

If not can you attach images to packages?
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:33 am   

How would web images work, shalimar? I reckon CMUD cacheing them would be the best way, because I tend to change my images around a lot with functions. That could slow things down if CMUD loaded them every time.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: