Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:22 am   

[1.24] Save settings not always working

Its a hard one to replicate im afraid. In the package editor if i goto file-->save it saves the file

Then when I close zmud and reload it it appears the saved changes havent taken effect.

If i do save as to a new filename, then change the file name im using via the sessions window, the new settings have been saved
MNGrizzly
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:14 pm   

I had this happen from time to time as well. Now, everytime I save, I save once to a new filenname, and once to the existing settings file.

When I notice a save failed, I close CMUD, rename the 2nd file to the name of my existing settings file, and restart CMUD. The save to the new file name always appears to work.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:26 pm   

When you have problems with Save not working, could your package be set as "Read Only"? Go into the Package Editor, select the View/Package Properties and look at the ReadOnly checkbox in the lower-right corner.

Also, when you have problems with Save not working, has there been any other access violation error during your MUD session? Once you get an access violation, memory might be messed up, and the background thread that performs the saving might be messed up.

I'd really like to track down the causes of Save not working...it's a serious problem.
adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:46 am   save

well thats the thing, some times it saves. other times it doesnt.

ive checked its not read only, and its not a violation error.

i do the same as grizzly, saving to a seperate file.

Ill experement further when i get home, not got cmud infront of me right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: