Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion
embien

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:40 am   

ACSpedia is no more? (solution here)

ACSpedia seems to be no more. When you attempt to update the data files, it wipes out your old places.dat.

I know it's presumptious of me but are there plans to incorporate one of the other AC atlas databases? Quite frankly, I'd be satisfied with making that last-known ACSpedia places.dat file available (I know there have been changes, but any ship in a storm)

I know I bought AC Explorer Pro years ago (can't recall my license code or even which email address I used), but I have happily used AC Explorer for years so I wouldn't at all mind paying for another license if there is info on this issue.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:16 pm   

This is really outside of my control. With zExplorer the remote database interface is more general, so it might be possible for someone else to put up a database server that you can use. And certainly if anyone sends me the latest places.dat file, I can make sure that it gets added to the AC Explorer Pro distribution files. Or, if someone replicates the AC Spedia database format elsewhere, then you'll still be able to use AC Explorer.

Unfortunately, this is the bad side effect from relying upon a 3rd party database that I don't have any control over. Bandwidth costs money, and I'm sure with the largely declining user base of Asheron's Call that the people in charge of AC Spedia either moved to a different job, or decided it wasn't worth the bandwidth (I really have no idea what their reasons were, but always remember that it was a free site done by volunteers).

And really...this was bound to happen eventually. AC just doesn't have the player base that it once had.
Ellen_Ripley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:09 pm   

WarCry has a working database for ACExplorer. To including it, follow these steps.

In ACExplorer,
Go to Edit
-> Options
-> Databases Tab
-> Click 'Add'
-> Name: WarCry
-> Filename: WCoD_places.dat
-> BaseURL: http://ac.warcry.com/atlas/export.php
-> Format: Main Database
-> OK

Go to Update
-> Update Data Files
-> Check WarCry
-> Download Update
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:41 pm   

Woohoo! Thanks for posting this. I'm going to make this a sticky topic.
DrFunky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:23 am   

I tried the fix and still nothing appears in the routes lists (start and end points). Was working fine until I updated. Tried to uninstall but it retains the corrupted files or whatever. Any help? AC ain't no fun widdout ACexplorer!
tojamido

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:24 am   

Unfortunately it looks like Warcry is down, also. ACExplorer doesn't have any good data!
DrFunky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:49 am   

Is there any way to return to the original map that came with it? Incomplete but better than nothing.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » zExplorer Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: