Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:35 am   

Settings vanishing

Arghhhhh is all I can say! I have had to rewrite half of my entire scripting due to it just vanishing.

Cmud keeps crashing when I am updating settings or if I search to find a setting and update it and then hit clear search, it will crash.

I will log in to the MUD and test things and update whatever is wrong and suddenly again it crashes for no reason. I log out, close it, and boom all the changes I had done for the last hour are completely gone. I click save changes and also File and then Save after every change. It doesn't matter it keeps going back to a previous save and overwriting everything that was updated. I search my entire computer for some updated .pkg file that I pray might be there and nothing.

What am I doing wrong? What the hell is the problem? This is wasting hours of my time! I am totally upset right now.

I can't even get an alias to work now and there is no explanation.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:45 am   

Well I just discovered #say won't even work now. I replaced it with #show and it works fine?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:45 pm   

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so much trouble... unfortunately it's sounds like you have a corrupted package. Even more unfortunate there are not too many things you can do to fix the problem. I would suggest starting from scratch again, just to be sure you have a clean package. I would also recommend sending your current package (.pkg) file to Zugg, it should be quite useful in helping him make CMUD better, but there's not much guarantee that he'll be able to fix the file.

If you noticed around problem around a particular script or piece of code, then let us know. Maybe we can identify what's causing the code to go haywire, or help narrow the problem if it's a bug that Zugg needs to address. I hope that helps.
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:50 pm   

Tech wrote:
starting from scratch again

By that I think Tech means "delete everything and start over with a fresh install".
MNGrizzly
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:12 pm   

Not that it will probably help you at this point, but one thing I've started doing, after running into some issues like this, is every so often when I save my package, I'll save it once to the default location, and then save it to a differeint file name as well, so, just in case something gets corrupted, I have 10 or so incremental saves I can fall back on.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:46 am   

Just an update. On one of the occasions it crashed I had tried to paste something into the command line and it caused an error with it. It grayed out paste after that and I noticed that everything I updated after that point vanished when I reloaded it.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:44 am   

One more thing that is happening. I logged into the Mud tonight and everything is working great. So I test everything to it's fullest and suddenly, once again my KEY1 macro refuses to work. It did this yesterday as well. What would make a macro stop working? The other macro's still work. I took out the value of it and just put in a word or something and it still won't work. I have to reload Cmud for it to start working again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: