Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:10 pm   

Zugg on vacation!

Well, it looks like the public version is going pretty well. I hadn't actually realized how late this was until I rememebered that I haven't even done any Christmas shopping yet! And I only have a week left.

So, I just wanted everyone to know that Chiara and I are going on vacation now. I won't be answering forum posts until after the new year. In January I'll still be on vacation till the middle of the month or so, but I'll probably start reading the forum and trying to get caught up sometime after the first week of Jan or so.

We'll still be doing registration/license email issues during most of the holidays. But I just didn't want people to wonder why I wasn't answering their forum posts.

Hopefully there are enough people here who participated heavily in the Beta who can answer most of the common questions. That should keep everything going until we get back.

Thanks for your support and understanding, and have a wonderful and happy holidays!

Last edited by Zugg on Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:25 am   

Happy New Year!
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:30 pm   

Chiara and I are back from vacation today. We took a nice long break for the holidays, and I think it really helped to restore my sanity. No more crazy hours for me this year!

We didn't go anywhere. We just stayed home, closed the doors to the office, and got caught up on household stuff, movies, etc. After Christmas, I spent most of my time playing Final Fantasy XII, which is one of the best ever (story not as good as VII, but gameplay is better and it's a lot of fun). I found it interesting that they added something to FF XII called "Gambits" which are really like zMUD/CMUD Triggers. It really helps controlling the AI of the other characters and is something that I hope more games will pick up on.

I'll be writing my New Year's letter for 2007 later today or tomorrow. In the meantime, it will take us a couple of days to get caught up with our email and forum posts. I probably won't be able to respond individually to every forum post, but will try to reply to those posts that still need something from me.

Thanks to everyone who answered questions on the forum during the holidays. It was a big help!

Happy New Year to everyone!
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:23 pm   

Zugg wrote:
No more crazy hours for me this year!

Yeah, right.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:00 pm   

Wohooo Zugg is back! It'll be very interesting to read in your new years letter what you've planned for cMUD this year.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:14 pm   

Just finished the New Year's letter. Not many surprises in the list of projects...most of them have been talked about for a while. In fact, as I went back and read letters from past years, I think zTelnet/TeSSH has probably been mentioned longer than any other project! Maybe I'll actually get it released this year?

But Fang: Yes...No more crazy hours! Really! I mean it this time! Laughing
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:43 am   

Quote:
No more crazy hours for me this year!

Quote:
Yeah, right.

The WIFE has put her foot down. I have the key to the office and I'm not afraid to use it.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:33 pm   

Sorry I didn't get to answering the forum posts today. I spent most of the day banning the accumulation of spam posts collected during the holidays. I also added some additional anti-spambot code to the forums. Between that and getting finished with my back emails, that took the rest of the day.

So, I'll be answering forum posts about CMUD tomorrow.
Iceclaw
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:52 pm   

Woo hoo Chiara, we all appreciate your work keeping Zugg from becoming burned out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: