Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hav
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:27 am   

feature request, package editor interface improvements

Currently only way to see which triggers are broken you need to run compatibiltity report. Namely first one has to guess that something is broken, and then do unneccessary extra three mouse-clicks.
I'd like to see uncompiled settings stand out in left pane so i can immediately see if something is broken. Different colour like with disabled settings, or icon next to name, anything.
Next, I'd like for cmud to run syntax check immediately I click on a setting. Clicking on a setting and then CTRL+K is extra unneccessary motion.
Also, when I click Save changes or Cancel changes, I also want for cmud to run syntax check, so that if I messed something up, I want to know immediately so that I can fix it. Clicking on save settings and then CTRL+K, extra unneccessary motion.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:48 am   

All good ideas, hav. So good they've been suggested already, and I believe they're on the list :)

However, the compatability report isn't for checking if you script is working or not - it's to flag up potential difficulties transferring from zMUD to CMUD, that's all. That's why it's the compatability report, because it's concerned with making your old zMUD scripts work in CMUD.

The current way to check if a script has compiled is to click the tab for compiled code. Or use Ctrl+K, anyway.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
hav
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:48 am   

Oh, I have no doubt it's been suggested somewhere already. Thought I'd bump it up again because it seems easy to implement while easing up scripting immensely.
as for
Quote:
However, the compatability report isn't for checking if you script is working or not

I beg to differ.
Alias pralias
Does not compile : invalid command: SPEAK at row 0 col 0

Alias test
Does not compile : unmatched braces at row 3 col 0

etc
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:59 am   

I mean that that isn't the report's intended use. I agree that it's an easy way to check, but the reason that it's hidden away in a menu is because it's not intended to be used very often.

Better would just be what was suggested before, where the border of the script entry box is red if the script doesn't compile.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: