Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Alcander
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:09 pm   

[1.24] Bug?

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but I remember in Zmud if I was running a long alias and I wanted to stop it I could just hit ESC and it would abort the alias. It seems that when I do that with Cmud it just cycles through the alias but never really terminates it.

Al
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:55 pm   

#ABORT should kill the alias or trigger, theoretically. I don't know if there are plans to have ESC do the same in CMUD, though I remember seeing it mentioned at least once before. You might want to search the beta forum for information.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:50 pm   

This should be working in CMud. ESC as well as entering #ABORT at the command line should work for every sort of script loop. CMud was improved over zMud to better recognize command line enteries during a script without making the script interrupted by MUD side data. This was done to allow a more straightforward path for scripts, while still allowing really programming savvy users the ability to put processing of data in the right place.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:20 pm   

It could be a focus issue, meaning that the ESC wasn't recognized because it wasn't executed from the correct window. Not sure if that should matter or not, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: