Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:42 pm   

[1.15] So many errors just by moving things around

I've sent in a few bug reports in the last hour or so for this, but I pretty much would like to hear if others have noticed similar problems. I didnt look at cmud for a while, and just updated from 1.13 this morning. A whole new curing system was just implemented on my mud, and I figured I'd create the new system to test it out, on cmud. So..

I create a new char, blank package. I create a couple of things, and then realise that the name I chose for the window is the same name as what I wish to call the separate package I'm putting all these new settings into. Confusing. Right.. I'll change the name of the window. I cand o this, but it doesnt chang ethe actual name up on the window, weird. So I exit out to char selection screen to change the name there, and when i reconnect, it errors out and in the end I have to delete everything and begin again.

Then I create a new package called "General" and move a class from the base module/package to this new package. I move an alias out of it, then try to rename the class. Errors out.

Various other similar errors appear while just moving stuff around.

I then decide its time to do something on the mud itself. Oops, I didn't connect through localhost, so I don't have my third-party mapper going. So I close the window, edit the connection settings from aetolia.com 23 to localhost 123, and connect. Error. This one wont go away after submitting the bug either, it reappears every time I click continue, so I close CMUD. I then change it back to aetolia.com 23 and connect again - it errors same as before.

An hour an a half has passed and I havn't managed to go more than a couple of minutes at a time without an error appearing. This seems to be the most buggy release yet, to the point of being difficult to actually test for bugs Smile (Poor Zugg)

So my question: is it just me, or are others seeing the same?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:44 pm   

Your main issue is probably the one where you are closing out of the session and reopening the same session. If you want to close a session and edit it then reopen the session you have to close cMud completely. Then reopen it. This will allow you to make most of your changes.

Try that and tell us if you are having seperate issues...
Caled
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:14 am   

That was only one of the issues, and I closed/reopened cmud completely more times than I think I've done before in the whole beta. I'll check it out with that one instance though.
Casius
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:33 am   

I too am having problems with moving this around, it does provide me with errors sometimes. Most of the time it just wont run the alias i have moved.

Eg: I create an alias in one package then i create a new package, now the alias wont work. I move the alias back and it still wont work.

My main problem is when i first program a set of aliases or triggers, they work then when i close the cMud and reopen it those aliases that were working arent anymore. I dont understand that.

thanks
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:33 pm   

Yes, there are known problems in 1.15 with moving things around in the settings editor. I think I have fixed most of those in 1.16 already, so it's probably best to hold off on this and test it again when 1.16 is released today or tomorrow. This also applies to the problem with triggers not firing after reopening in some cases.
SageAMDP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:09 pm   

I've also noticed this popping up whenever I try to move triggers from one module to another. It happens anywhere there is a new line. The trigger still fires but it ruins my oh so beautiful formatting

Code:

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:26 am   

I've never seen anything like that. Exactly how are you moving your triggers from one module to another? If you are using Export/Import XML, then this should be fixed in v1.16. The 0D and 0A code strings that you mentioned look like HTML/XML entities, so somehow you must be copy/pasting or something like that.

In any case, give 1.16 a try and see if it works better.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:10 am   

Yeah, that string was one of the ways that XML import broke things - it appeared in the script after it was imported.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: