Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ghaleon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:04 pm   

calling #find from a trigger

What I'm basically looking to do is fire #find when my script hits a wall (ie. upon "There is no exit that way." trigger.

This doesn't work. I tried doing it via calling an alias and still no go. Any ideas? Is Zugg even supporting zmud anymore due to cmud?

Let me know. kthxbye
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:16 pm   

Yes Zugg is supporting zMUD.

So you're saying that #TRIGGER {There is no exit that way.} {#FIND} does nothing? When you are wanting it to do something is the mapper showing you as being elsewhere from your actual location?
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:38 am   

#FIND sometimes doesn't work, but its bugginess is really flakey for me given how well Dragonrealms is supported in ZMud.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:06 pm   

It works if I just type #find in the window, but not when a function (like the one Taz wrote) calls it.

Any Ideas? I tried putting #find in an alias and having the function call the alias, but that doesnt work either.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:39 am   

It worked for me.

1)Is the mapper open? #FIND doesn't work in this fashion if the mapper's not open (normally, a mapper command doesn't work at all if the mapper isn't open, but #FIND also has a database functionality as a synonym to #QUERY).

2)Is the mapper turned off? Same issues as 1, except the mapper is open.

3)Have you compressed the map DB immediately before the #FIND? I've found that compression will completely destroy the mapper's ability to do anything useful such as follow you around, look up your location, or create new rooms, probably something to do with database cursors or something dropping out of sync. Simply closing the mapper and reopening it should fix things, but every once in a while it ends up forgetting the configuration (simply figure out which room you are in and set the blue dot to it, then reconfigure and everything works again).

4)ZMud, or perhaps just the mapper, seems to take issue with long work hours. #FIND in its entirety completely stops working for me on my 5000-room map even though every other aspect of the mapper works perfectly. If you keep ZMud open all the time, you may want to shut it down and try again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: