Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rugbystyle
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:40 pm   

[1.12] Executing an alias from a variable etc....

Didn't want to make a super long title, so here is the problem I'm experiencing.

I have an alias that selects an action, which is an alias reference, based on a #switch statement. This action is stored and processed in a local variable, the executed from the local variable. The alias executes and then there is a command input trigger to verify that the command contained in the alias was sent. However, the command input trigger never fires.

Sounds more complicated than it is, here is a very basic example:

Code:

#ALIAS test1 {$localTest=test2;#EXEC $localTest}

#ALIAS test2 {blink}

(not sure on the syntax for command line entering a command input trigger, I just make it in the settings editor; so I apologize if this syntax is wrong, but you get the idea.)

#TRIGGER {blink} {#ECHO works} "oninput"

So in a nutshell, test1 should ultimately execute test2, which should send the command "blink", which should then in turn cause the command input trigger to fire and echo "Works".

However, this is not the case. When I execute test1, the command "blink" is sent to the mud, but the command input trigger never fires.

Though, the command input trigger does function. To verify, I am able to send the command "blink" from the command line, and get the echo "Works" each time "blink" is sent.

I also used the same set up, but with a normal variable as opposed to the local, and received the same results.

Additionally, I went back to zMud and created the same system - in zMud the system does function properly. I receive the echo "Works" on each execution of the test1 alias.

Not sure where the problem is, any thoughts?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:46 pm   

The #ONINPUT trigger type is only for the command line right now. The output from aliases is not processed by OnInput in CMUD.
Rugbystyle
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:48 pm   

Will that be expanded in the future? Not to be selfish, but I used oninput type triggers with aliases extensively in my zmud settings.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:57 pm   

Yes, this should be expanded soon to work on all text sent to the MUD, regardless of it's source.
Rugbystyle
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:00 pm   

Awesome, thanks. *crosses his fingers for 1.13* Razz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:10 pm   

halleluah... I couldn't figure out how to word it but this was the problem I was having. Go Zugg, go for that 1.13!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: