Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kernighan
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:56 pm   

CMud Function stubs for chat?

I have a lot of scripts that have various chat functions in them. CMud doesn't have the chat module built yet, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so that the functions themselves existed, even if they did nothing. This would allow me to more easily convert my ZMud scripts to CMud, because a lot of the chat bits are imbedded into triggers.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:59 pm   

I'll probably have zChat loading into CMUD before I can get around to "kludging" the commands to be ignored. I'd rather wait and do it right. Just be patient. I hope to have zChat working with CMUD in time for the public release.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:48 am   

I think I have something that will help you with this. In the next version (1.13), I have modified it so that the first "word" of any command is tested as an alias, no matter what characters is contains. If there is an alias already defined with this name, then it is used.

This actually lets you redefine commands. You can create an alias with the name of #CHAT and then when you use #CHAT somewhere else in your script, it will refer to the alias instead of the command and will not give a syntax error.

In order for this to work, the alias #CHAT must exist before the script that uses it is compiled. And you can only create aliases with these kind of non-standard names using the settings editor. The #ALIAS command won't let you do it on the command line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: