Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Vorax
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:53 pm   

[7.21] Preferences->Windows->Window options

In the window options preferences there's a set of options inside a framed box called "Task Bar Icons"

I uncheck all the boxes, but specifically the one that says "MUD Output Windows" This setting is always checked again no matter what. I do not want this option checked. It seems I always have this problem after installing zmud to a new computer and fight with this setting forever.

I have unchecked this setting every time and saved the settings each time, but after closing that window and reopening it, the setting is again checked.

How do I get zmud to remember to leave this option unchecked?
Vorax
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:03 pm   

Well, I got it figured out again, but it's still frustrating. I set the window options while having one character setting open, saved them then opened another character. The second character opened didn't create a task bar icon. I closed the first one and saved the settings again on the second character then reopened the first one. The setting saved that way.

I have a feeling the setting wasn't being saved because the setting wasn't being updated properly and was getting overwritten when the window closed again. Having two windows open seems to work around that problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: