Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JMinara
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:56 am   

Two script editor questions(UI and Prettyprinting)

This was a very helpful tool in zMUD and I'd love to see formatted text in the script editor. As it stands, one big non-whitespaced block of text is a pain in the butt to read. I know there's syntax colouring but something as full featured as the one in zMUD is what I'd really like to see

Furthermore are there any plans to offer a classic view? I got very used to the "classes/etc above and editing space below" type view. Would love it back.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:42 pm   

Sorry, you just need to get used to the changes.

The Pretty Printer might eventually be added, but the feedback on it from zMUD was pretty negative. Most people want to indent and format the way they want and the pretty printer could mess up scripts. So most people just turned it off.

If your scripts are hard to read, then I suggest trying to add your own indentation and comments to make it easier to read. Use the enhanced multiline syntax and use the syntax highlighter for color.

As far as a "classic" view, no. There are many ways to customize the current tree view already. For example, you can turn off the "Group by class" and then then "Show classes" to just see all settings. You can use the class selection just above the tree to select folders. You can make a new tab for the view you want to see, etc. You should probably wait until I have time to write the help files for the new settings editor to see how it can be customized before you complain. The "classic" interface in zMUD was much worse in comparison and just cannot handle some of the new features in CMUD. And most people like having more room on the right for their scripts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: