Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
aggressio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:14 pm   

automapper ideas

Not sure if you need ideas for this part of Zmud, but It seems to be a bit clumsy little add-on as it is.

Editing rooms and linking them manually is a bit tedious at times. Would be nice to apply colors and labels to many rooms at once for example.

Room labels should be drag-droppaple, so you could just grab a label and drag it where ever you want it, perhaps a little arrow to point to the room of the label.

Some kinda colorscheme input would also be nice. So you could easily for example select rooms that are shops and select a color for them, and you would have a color-explanation thing in the corner of your map, and later on you could just select a room which is a shop and from some sort of menu just select option that this is a shop and it would update the rooms colour and mouseover hint.

Editing new rooms in manual is currently a bit difficult job...and the automapping option doesn't always seem to get the auto-configuration right. Perhaps some manual selecting from the room input to tell mapper what is what on room description?

These propably are allready features in the standalone mapper...
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:36 pm   

Zugg is currently working on CMUD the next generation of MUD client. At some point (probably early next year) he will be updating the automapper component in CMUD and I think there was also some discussion on an expanded product akin to zMapper, but I'm not sure about that part.
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:21 pm   

You can fake a color legend already, just by adding rooms that don't connect to anything and setting the color. Actual room shapes beyond the boring plain square aren't possible without Zmapper, though, but they do show if you have it.

You can already color multiple rooms at one time, as well as set several other options. This is standard to the ZMud mapper, no need for Zmapper or the eventual CMud mapper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: