Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Atreides_096
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:41 pm   

Wildcards in alias names or #oninput syntax

I'm looking for a way to gag the original input when a #oninput trigger is activated, or to set up wild cards in aliases. By this what I mean is, if I have a trigger:
Code:
#oninput {^mh-(%w)$} {#exe %db(@MH_DB, %1)}

I'd like it to send just the exe command, and not the original typed command. Alternatively, an alias that did the same thing would be fine. I've experiemented with #gag, #sub, etc..I can't seem to get it right. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot :)
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:32 pm   

Do you have to type something of the form {^mh-(%w)$}? Is typing something like {^mh (%w)$} not OK? If it is OK then you can just make "mh" an alias, and %1 is the 1st argument you give to the mh alias. I expect you know this though!
Atreides_096
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:56 pm   

Nods I do know... the problem is I've got about 8000 aliases (mostly speedwalks) all in that format... XX-XX. After years of having this style of settings, it's incredibally tough to break the typing habit.. but it's been an issue for a long time that my settings file is too big because of this, and I'm looking for a way to condense it. Since the aliases are used in a sort of speed competition, I don't really want to change it all if it's avoidable.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:10 pm   

Use #SUB instead of #EXEC with your #ONINPUT triggers.
Atreides_096
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:33 pm   

The problem is, I'm trying to link an alias out of the database.. (there's a command on the MUD, "run" which makes speedwalking faster. Run is also an alias for me, sent as ~run, which updates mapper location). Using #sub just sends a parsed output to the mud... how do I sub it into an executed alias?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:18 am   

Using just your run command in the trigger will also do the substitute. Failing that, you can use #GAG to cause the original text to not be sent then use use your command.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: