Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
veek
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:56 am   

Newbie - Automapping with changing room description.

Hello, I am MUD'ing on NEW MOON. At one location the room description changes by one word and the auto-map/speedwalk feature breaks. Is there a way to setup a regex or a points system such that if the room description is almost the same - then go ahead..How would you recommend i fix this problem?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:45 am   

If it's just one room and not a normal/widespread occurrance, you may be able to simply go into Room Properties for that room and check the Reload Room Description checkbox on the Other tab. I don't use this feature (probably should), so I don't really know if it does what you need it to. According to the tooltip, however, it recaptures the room description every time you enter it.

If this is a normal or widespread occurrance, you will probably be better served by using the Room Description changes checkbox in the (mapper) Configuration Settings. This option doesn't update rooms, but it will prevent mapper hangup by going ahead with the appropriate action once it detects valid room data (ie, prompt, room name, exits, etc). This means that if you make a mistake you could end up with mistakenly mapped rooms with faulty data.
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:29 am   

Thanks Matt - It's working great now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: