Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:56 am   

CMUD v1.08 BETA Released!

The 1.08 BETA version of CMUD has been released. Please consult the Version History for details on changes.

A lot of low-level problems in the parser were fixed in this version, so it might have some new bugs. Also, I'm experimenting with some low-level system routine replacements for speed improvements. This might also cause some wierd problems.

I've tested this version with several *.MUD files that people have sent me, but it still hasn't gotten as much testing as I'd like. But since I'm going to a friend's wedding for the next few days, I figured that I might as well let people play with it to see how many new bugs there are.

This version also has basic Gauge support implemented. It's currently about the same as zMUD, with a Gauge tab in the Button settings screen. This will eventually be changes as Gauges get promoted to their own settings type instead of just being a subset of a button. But at least this should allow existing gauges to start working again.

Please be sure to send in all crashes that you get. It's important for me to see crash dumps even if they are something you already reported in previous versions. If you sent Feedback (vs the Send Feedback) then I still have that, but it doesn't hurt to remind me of any critical issue that you think needs to be fixed.

Remember to start a new Forum Topic for each new bug report, and to be as specific as you can when reporting bugs. The bugs are starting to get more and more obscure, which makes reproducing them harder and harder.

I hope everyone likes the improvements with 1.08. It's about a factor of 2 faster than previous beta versions. Hopefully it doesn't have a factor of 2 more bugs Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: