Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:37 am   

Missing command line

I'm not sure what I did, but i was working in two sessions at once.
I was making a multistate trigger in one session that started going haywire, so i closed out cmud.
When i reopened and went to the other session that was just idling and try to connect, to command line has completely vanished, which makes it hard to log in.

What do i do to get the command line to reappear?
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:39 am   

okay i got them to appear by right clicking and checking to show them both, what i dont understand is how they got turned off in the first place. Very odd.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:06 pm   

The command line is really just a normal toolbar (you can drag buttons and stuff to it). The actual text entry box is a toolbar edit component. What seems to happen sometimes is that an item on the toolbar changes size and since the resulting controls are now longer than the horizontal width of the toolbar, the toolbar "scrolls" so that the buttons on the very right side are shown. This causes the command line edit component to scroll off the left edge of the toolbar.

I'm trying to find a way to tell the DevExpress toolbar not to do this, and I might change it so that it wraps to another line so that at least the command line won't get hidden. But as I've mentioned, working with the DevExpress toolbar system can be really frustrating at times because of the wierd way in which it was designed.

Usually just resizing the main window will also make the command line come back again. Anyway, I'm aware of some of the wierdness of this command line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: