Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Smooth
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:01 am   

Importing settings from zMUD?

I searched the forum and couldn't find anything about this. Is there currently an easy way to import zMUD settings into CMUD? I've looked around in both programs, but CMUD only seems to import xml files, and zMUD does not export in that format. I only play on one mud, but I have well over a hundred triggers, aliases, variables, etc for that mud. It would be a major pain to copy them all by hand. Can anyone help?
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:04 am   

When you open your CMUD session, or use the blank one open the settings editor and then go to File --> Open and you will be able to import you .MUD files.
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:39 am   

That worked, thanks a lot!
scooby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:55 pm   

ok so maybe i am just doing it wrong but i follow the above post but i cant seam to find any of my zmud stuff please give me a clue
scooby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:20 pm   

ok so i found my setting but nothing seams to work correctly so i guess i will have to play around with it
scooby

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:30 pm   

one more questions for ya my entire script is using the { } not the [ ] so should i just try ad replace them with the ( ) or do i just need to start from scratch???
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:19 pm   

You won't like the answer which is, "It depends." What I've found effective in identify quirks in where syntax has become more structured is to export the desired code in zMud to a text file. Then in CMUD copy the code into the syntax editor available off the menu at Windows -->Editor. If you turn syntax highlighting (in the editor window) I find that helps alot. There's also a function to perform a syntax check. Those tools should help you out.
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:33 am   

also turn off word wrap when doing that as it will report problems that arent problems sometimes with wordwrap turned on
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:05 am   

Also, just in case, do remember that CMUD is currently beta software. That means it contains bugs, possibly severe ones, and should only be used by people that want to help Zugg in finding and fixing these bugs. Right now it is not recommended for your day-to-day MUDing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: