Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:30 pm   

[1.03] #ADDITEM and data record variables

I have a nifty little alias that keeps track of my data record keys by using a special key that is a string list of all the other keys. I can't seem to figure a way to make this work in CMUD, however, so I'm asking for advice here. Is this a CMUD bug? Or a new feature and I need to find a new way to do this?

Code:
#ALIAS i_add {#priority {#if (%null(%3)) {#forall {%2} {#additem %1.keys {%i}};#addkey %1 {%2} 1} {#forall {%2} {#additem %1.keys {%i}};#addkey %1 {%2} {%-3}}}}

This alias lets me build my data record variables with fewer alias calls and the value for each key is an optional third parameter. Here's a couple examples of how I might use it:

Code:
i_add afflictions prone|paralysis|stunned
i_add defenses parrying head

The #forall and #addkey work as expected in CMUD, so my only real issue here is now to built the list of keys, since #additem %1.keys {%i} doesn't work. I have tried combinations of string list functions, such as %dups and %additem to dynamically (and painfully) build a new list with the key added, but so far to no avail.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:51 am   

Have you tried just:
Code:
#additem %1.keys %i

Not sure if you are saying that the %1.keys doesn't work, or if the {%i} doesn't work. Another thing to try would be to use a local variable:
Code:
$local=%1;#additem $local.keys $local
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:11 am   

I'm saying that the %1.keys doesn't work. In zMUD, it lets me add a string to the keys key in the %1 data record variable. In CMUD, I get a keys key that contains ".keys|string" instead. I'll try messing with a local variable solution and see if I can't work that out. I somehow suspect it's just a difference in the way #ADDITEM works, though.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm   

OK, this sounds like a bug with the %1.keys syntax in the new compiler. I'll add that to the bug list. If you get a chance, send in a feedback report from within CMUD so it doesn't get missed.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:25 pm   

every time i try to create a data record variable in the gui it bombs on me hard. I will play around with it some more.
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:57 am   

Yes, that's been an issue since 1.00 and is on the bug list. You can't use the GUI to create/edit database records right now.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:14 am   

does it have to do with the lil hollow square character used to seperate the keys and values apart in zmud?
I remember trying to post a record variable once and these forums dont support that character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: