Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
TheLastHawk
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:41 am   

[1.03] How do I keep the settings saved?

Ok, I just spend like an hour transfering my settings etc from Zmud to CMUD and then I close the CMUD and start it and guess what....nothing is saved... is there some kind of extra things needing to be done for it to remember that I acutally have settings set for this file???

Annoying since in Zmud you actually could go in and save your settings...
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:59 pm   

Check the Files being loaded by your Session. My guess is that you'll need to add your converted PKG file to the list of files to be loaded by the session. That's how it worked for me when I converted my zMUD settings.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:56 pm   

There isn't any "save" option in CMUD because your settings are *always* being saved in the background. CMUD is saving settings to *.PKG files, not the *.MUD files that were used in zMUD. So Larkin's advice is good...select the Edit Session option and go to the Files tab and make sure your package is being loaded.
roncli
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:49 am   

That doesn't work either. I keep getting a blank list of package files, no main character filename, and an "untitled" package in my settings when I open the file.

When I did get around to loading the package file I created (fortunately I only put 3 triggers in there and not my whole slew of settings), it was empty, despite me specifically doing a File -> Save in the settings window. If it's saving in the background, something's not saving right.

First impression of packages: Not very intuitive. I had no idea that the character file had to be set to import packages until I read this thread... This fact should probably be a little more obvious in the interface... also it would help that if a package was created or loaded in the settings window, it is automatically added to the list of packages ot load when the character is loaded up.
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:52 pm   

There is a known problem discussed in other threads in this forum about CMUD not loading packages correctly.

And yes, remember that packages are brand new, so I'm sure it will take some tweaking to get the interface just right.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:35 am   

packages dont seem to be properly unloaded when the session that called them is closed, but then the session doesnt seem to fully close either, it leaves a tab if i open another session after closing the first
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:13 am   

i thought he listed that as a known bug? that due to something with the new gui it will only "Hide" the session so you must quit and re enter to close a session.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: