Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:55 pm   

High Priority CMUD issues

I'm going to keep this first post updated as I get caught up on email and forum posts. What I want to create is a list of the high-priority issues in CMUD that need fixing right away.

Here is the current list:
  • CMUD doesn't work for any Simutronics game (fixed for 1.02)
  • Triggers created via the Settings Editor don't appear to work (fixed for 1.02)
  • Triggers don't work when package first loaded (fixed for 1.02)
  • Problems/crashes when it tries to save preferences (fixed for 1.02)
  • Periods, numbers, email addresses on command line (fixed for 1.02)
  • Using "" causing parsing errors (fixed for 1.02)
  • Medievia (and others) fonts not listed (fixed for 1.02)
  • Speedwalking in mapper causes crash (fixed for 1.02)
  • Infinite trigger loops when using #capture triggers ("fixed" for 1.02)
  • Pasting text from HTML into command line crashes (fixed for 1.02)
  • Aliases not calling other aliases sometimes (hopefully fixed in 1.02)
  • Settings editor issues...not refreshing correct record. (fixed in 1.02)

This is just a start to this list. I'll add other stuff as I read the other forum posts. Feel free to post anything that you really think is high-priority, but if there is already an existing forum topic, please post a link to that topic.

Remember that these are bug fixes. I'm not looking for a list of features, just bugs that are preventing people from using CMUD.

Last edited by Zugg on Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:54 pm; edited 11 times in total
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:03 pm   

• Related to triggers via the settings editor not working, when you exit cmud and go back in, any triggers created via the command line will also cease to work. http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=23737
  • Exception on the command line (may be related to the not-expanding). I've sent this as a bug report rather than forum post - but to reproduce type in a long sentence so it wraps to the next line, hit enter, hit up arrow, hit down arrow (exception).
moonwlf
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:26 am   

Related to the fonts, It seems that CMUD only lists Truetype and Opentype fonts. It did not display the termal fonts on my system at all. Medievia Truetype font did work though did not appear to display perfectly.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:32 pm   

OK, I have finished going through all of the crash reports, emails, and forum posts. Most of the crash reports are related to the above issues. There are other things that I'll be looking into as well, but I think the above list covers the *major* issues. Once these issues are fixed, it should be easier for me to track down other problems. Right now there are so many crashes from some of the issues above that it's hard to notice some of the other smaller problems.

I will try to get a 1.02 release uploaded late next week. Some of the fixes will be pretty easy, but others are more complex. Also, there is a new version of the docking system that I'm using that has been released and incorporates many suggestions that I made to the author (especially regarding the closing vs hiding window issues). So I want to put that new version into CMUD 1.02 also.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:36 pm   

I've found a pretty major database syncronization issue that is taking a while to fix. It seems to be the cause of the bad slowdown in CMUD, as well as some other wierd bugs. I need to fix this for 1.02, so if I don't release 1.02 on Friday, then I'll try for Monday.

Also, regarding the trigger loop from #capture, I have change CMUD so that child windows do not activate any triggers at all. This is just a temporary "fix" until I can figure out how to do this properly. This is a complexity arising from the change in how child windows are handled. For now it was better to just turn off triggers in child windows so that CMUD was useable. The number of cases where someone was depending upon a trigger in a child window should be pretty small.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:34 am   

I still havent figured that one out short of reparsing.
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:18 am   

Zugg wrote:
Also, regarding the trigger loop from #capture, I have change CMUD so that child windows do not activate any triggers at all. This is just a temporary "fix" until I can figure out how to do this properly. This is a complexity arising from the change in how child windows are handled.

When I had time to mud, I had trigger settings for some of my child windows, but disabling them wouldn't affect a whole lot.

As I understand it, windows are now package objects. Does this only apply to child windows? Is the main output window an object of a default package? If not, would making it a default package object limit the scope of triggers properly so that child windows wouldn't be seen by the default package? I'm just trying to understand a little better how all these things work together. Wink
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:29 pm   

This only applies to child windows. The main window is an object of your main package (not the Default Settings package, but the one named for your MUD character). Child windows have a pointer to this main window that was used in the past to get "inherited" settings, like aliases, variables, etc. These inherited settings are no longer needed because the child window is an object of the same package as the main window (which is what caused the trigger loops...the child window sees the same triggers as the main window). But using this pointer, I can tell if a window is a main window or a child window, and disable triggers in the child windows.

This really isn't the thread to discuss this...there was already a thread on child windows. But the main complexity is that *some* child windows have their own package (when a *.MUD file with the same name as the window is initially converted from zMUD to CMUD), but most child windows don't have their own package. Right now, CMUD puts *all* windows within the main character package. When I fix this to allow the child windows to exist in other packages then I can enable triggers for those windows correctly.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:33 pm   

And yep, it's looking like Monday for the 1.02 release. Still deep in syncronization issues (my head hurts :)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:54 pm   

We can let this thread die since 1.02 was released today. All of the above issues were addressed, along with a bunch of others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: