Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
talonnb
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:32 am   

Converting From Zmud.....slow as heck?

I recently downloaded the new version of Cmud and decided to see how it worked.

Loaded it up, looked pretty, logged in, worked good. Ok, great. Now, let's bring over all my system settings from Zmud. Ok, open the mud file save it as a package file......slow as heck coming in, but who cares, it's there.

Go back to the game, and I don't think dialup could run these commands any slower......Is there some special way to convert the mud system files over that I'm missing here?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:45 am   

Nope, you did it properly. CMud handles the conversion automatically. It's about as flawless as any version 1.0 beta software I've seen, which means things should be breaking for practically no reason all this week. Laughing
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:00 am   

Well, there are no 'warnings' or 'errors' coming up. It's just horribly slow....
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:26 am   

some of it is going to be in the terms of compatibility. I only imported my zmud file that way to extrapolate scripts and rewrite/fix them and put them in a clean new package.

Some of zmuds copied settings arent even valid with cmud as it stands due to confliction package vs default item settings that everyone is having a problem saving to one degree or another.

Its like the simple trigger i saw somewhere else. Due to syntax changes you may import it but it may not work as expected. The mud i have works faster with cmud than it did with zmud after porting the scripts over. I can only assume to due a bunch of things being there but not working as they used to and having to read a bunch of settings some of which arent valid anymore and some that just plain conflict.

However the important thing to remember is that is what beta is all about. Personally it works better for me but i didnt just import it in and run it. I tried that and got the same result you did. I created a new package. and one by one put my scripts in after fixing syntax problems and short of the KNOWN ERRORS its working well. Its faster in many ways and slower in some but thats why you send in feedback reports (bug reports) its an option in the menu.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:04 pm   

There is a bug somewhere that is causing the speed slowdown. I've seen it too. In general, 1.0 beta versions are not optimized for speed at all. Don't worry, once the bugs are fixed then I'll be optimizing speed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: