Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
RigNFool

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:17 pm   

shift-enter is the devil

i noticed that if you hit "shift-enter" in the command line input window... it makes it so you can't see what you are typing... the window doesn't resize... and it never resets... the only fix i found is restarting CMUD
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:31 pm   

I just tried the shift-enter and it did properly expand my command line vertically. However, I have had other problems with it refreshing poorly. I get everything from a bit of flicker when some script is running to having my text disappear or even the entire command line vanishing (and getting exceptions in trying to retrieve it again).
Baram
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:43 pm   

I had that problem too, just resize the WHOLE cMud window(double click on the top bar) and it should fix it, it did for me.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:39 am   

I couldn't reproduce this problem, please try to refine how to demonstrate it from launch until the actual problem.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:03 am   

Mine just moves stuff around the command window it does that 1/2 visibility bug that i reported. I fixed this by dragging the mouse cursor around the command line and boom everything was fine. I am not sure but it might help to see a screenshot too for those trying to add to the "KNOWN ISSUES" topic
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:58 am   

The problem is when you input more than 1 line of text(I did about 20, heh) then hit enter. The text box goes back to normal size(maybe it's slightly smaller actually), but it's focus is off and all you see is the VERY bottom of each letter you type. To fix it I found resizing and then maximizing the window worked(ie just anything to force it to rewrite that text box in another size).
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:05 am   

I haven't been able to get my box to actually resize as I go - eg it will always be one line high. But I've also experienced what Baram just said, the cursor being off the top of the box.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:22 am   

Quote:

The problem is when you input more than 1 line of text(I did about 20, heh) then hit enter. The text box goes back to normal size(maybe it's slightly smaller actually), but it's focus is off and all you see is the VERY bottom of each letter you type. To fix it I found resizing and then maximizing the window worked(ie just anything to force it to rewrite that text box in another size).

left Click and hold in the command line on the right side and drag your mouse left and up it will put the focus back the way it should be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: