Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:44 am   

[1.01] Triggers Not Firing

I'm having an issue with 1.00/1.01 where triggers I create in the settings editor do not fire - ever.

I can create triggers using #TRIG { } from the command line and these will fire, but only until I restart CMUD. After restart, these triggers also will not fire.

Anyone else having the same trouble?

Aliases seem to be fine - ie they work after a restart - so I wonder if it's just forgetting to add the trigger patterns into an index when created via the editor / loaded?
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:51 am   

No you arent the only one. I am working on that as we speak since the #CAP command loops now i need to make a trigger.. i will post more in a sec to see if i got it working

Nope i even tried removing it from default and moving things around.. Same problem it works great until i close and reopen it.. Then nothing fires off anymore..

Not 1 single trigger in my old settings wants to fire. The only ones that do fire now everytime are my AUTOLOG triggers as they are part of the default. I am also wondering if i am missing a necessary evil.

Code:

#TRIGGER {^~[PKTALK %a~] (*):%s'(*)'$} {#WIN PKTALK %time(hh:mm) %1 : %2}

is an example of my new PKTALK capture trigger since #CAP loops without fail everytime.

Works perfect first time soon as i close and reopen none of them work.

I kinda feel bad for zugg lol we are overloading him and finding these things that make it hard for him to take a break because of VITAL functionality. Im happy i can look at my settings.. i just have to write an alias to recreate everything if necessary LOL!
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:40 am   

Heres my suggestions for this problem. I dont think zugg is going to release a quick fix for that, he might suprise us but if he doesnt heres what you can do.

ANYTHING YOU CREATE STICK IT IN A TEXT FILE BY CLASS

then make an alias and import the text file script into it. Then all you will have to do is connect and (my alias is fixthis) type the alias and boom all your triggers work until you close and reopen.

I created a package for each thing and an alias for each package. SO each package has a fixthis var that repopulates the entire thing so i can just wiped the class folder type fix this and it puts it ALL back.

PACKAGE - DEFAULT
-------------- ALIAS FIXTHIS (GLOBAL FOR ALL PACKAGES)
---------------------- #DELCLASS LOGGING
-------------- CALLS FIXLOGGING
---------------------- #DELCLASS STATUSWINDOW
-------------- CALLS FIXSTATUS

PACKAGE - LOGGING v1.0
-------------- SUB FOLDER LOGGING
-------------- ALIAS FIXLOGGING (holds all the commands)

PACKAGE STATUSWINDOW
-------------- SUB FOLDER STATUSWINDOW
-------------- ALIAS FIXSTATUS (holds all commands for this package)
delete sub folder
type fix this and its all back (searches the packages for the appropriate variable to call and runs it.

This is a very extreme way. I kinda hope he will have a few to try and fix the triggers thing. Its the last real thing needed to make it usable for the next few weeks without headaches and agony. If he doesnt im still happy i can work on things.

Great job ZUGG ;)
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:52 am   

I don't think his time allocation is in his hands anymore, I think that it'll be Chiara who will determine if he gets to even touch a computer in the next days and weeks :)

Good suggestion though, having a 'fix' alias will do the trick. Pity there's not a way to automate it :)
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:00 am   

well for me my autolog works its the only trigger that works. So i can just stick it in my autolog trigger for my password and it fires off soon as it logs me in or you can use ATCONNECT. Try to work on getting that working. Mines seems to work everytime.. Its the only one and i cant figure out why but it works.

I would have to agree that his time probably isnt in his hands. Hopefully he will get a second to try and figure this one out its the last real thing standing in the way of having a product we can really test with and work with for the next couple weeks.

Last edited by edb6377 on Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:03 am   

Does the atconnect alias fire at start up if you put something in it?
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:25 pm   

Is there a way to get a trigger to execute from the settings window?

In zMud we could just right click the trigger and choose execute.
Daganev
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:24 pm   

There actually is a way to do it...

Instead of a your password, have it be your fixit, then when it autoconnects you, it will laod your settings. then you retype your password when it says its wrong :P
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:37 pm   

Dont most muds disconnect you if you put the wrong password?
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:41 pm   

mine gives multiple password chances (like 3)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: