Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
avidal
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:00 pm   

Running z/cMud in Windows Vista 64-bit

An imm from the MUD I play (www.wotmud.org) tried out cMUD in 64-bit Vista and said that it would crash within 3 seconds of launching cMUD, and the same happened with zMUD.

To fix it, he just ran both of them under WinXP SP2 Compatibility mode with Admin privelages, and they worked fine.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:22 pm   

This is expected. I'm not getting a copy of Vista myself until it is released to the public, and it will be a while until CMUD is a "native" Vista application (if this is even possible using the Delphi 7 compiler).

I'm surprised that WinXP compatibility mode isn't on by default, but maybe they will change that with the public Vista release. A vast majority of software is going to require WinXP compatibility mode and Microsoft should just save themselves support headaches and turn it on by default. It might also just be an issue with the copy protection system, and maybe once they update Armadillo for Vista that will take care of it. Hard to tell exactly what the problem is.

Thanks for letting me know that both CMUD and zMUD work in compatibility mode...that's a good sign.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:51 pm   

As an addon, both CMUD and zMUD run fine in Windows Server 2003 R2, without any compatibility settings needed.
Track

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:12 pm   

Actually in Vista 64bit, you don't need to run it in XP Compatibility mode. Running as administrator seems to let them both run fine. I'll try 32bit Vista tonight and let you know how it goes, but I'd assume its the same.
avidal
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:46 pm   

It's not my fault you don't need the compatibility checkbox, Myrddin gave me bad info!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: