Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Daganev
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:28 pm   

#Priority Changes

In the great changes to CMud article http://forums.zuggsoft.com/modules/mx_kb/kb.php?page=3&mode=doc&k=2214
I saw this..

Code:

#PRIORITY command

In zMUD, more text from the MUD could be received during the execution of various #wait and loop commands (#while, #loop, etc). To prevent this, you had to enclose your commands within the #priority command to prevent interruption.

CMUD no longer processes incoming MUD text while your script is executing. So the #PRIORITY command is no longer needed. It can still be used, but it is ignored.

If you have a script that depends upon receiving new MUD text while you are within a loop, then you will need to rewrite the script to use triggers more properly, or use multiple trigger conditions.

Can you ellaborate on this more. what do you mean by "rewrite the script to use triggers more properly, or use multiple trigger conditions. "

I am pretty sure I have written some triggers which took advantage of the fact that I could still have triggers run in the middle of a loop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: