Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ziz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:25 pm   

To Zugg: Thanks, from a long-time user

Zugg,

ziz here. I bought zMud a long, long time ago - the order system says 1997, and I can hardly believe it, but I can't deny it either. I'm certainly not one of your more vocal users - I doubt I've posted more than half a dozen things on the board; I don't think I've ever filed a feature request and might have filed at most one bug report. I'm not even a particularly avid MUDder - it comes and goes, but I'm far from the college student with too much free time that I was in the mid-to-late 90s. I certainly mud more than I play any other games - MMORPGs never caught my interest, and there just aren't enough console or computer RPGs to keep me amused. So...back to the vibrant and living world of combat-and-roleplay MUDs I go again and again, for a few weeks or a few months, and then forget them once again under the crush of work and responsiblity.

I do, on the other hand, hang out on a few chat-oriented MU*s all the time. For these, I use tinyfugue; like my chatting on IRC, like my mail, I like my communication programs to be simple, textual, and runnable from a shell so I can suspend them at work and reconnect without break (and with scrollback) from home. However, every time I go back to the combat MUDs, I go back to zmud. News of cmud has me very excited - zMud has served me very, very well for the $30 I paid back in the dawn of time, and I've honestly been surprised that the number of new features you've added has been so high over the years.

I'm sure you've gotten both sides before, and will again and again, but here's my $0.02: I'm looking forward to buying cmud, and I'll gladly pay the reasonable upgrade costs every two years. I'm not hardcore, but there's a lot of value to me here, and I look forward to it. I'd been (quietly) dissapointed about your sliding focus from MUDs; cmud is a breath of fresh air. I can't wait to see the beta.

Cheers!

(Edit: The board tells me that this is, in fact, my half-dozenth post. Heh.)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:56 am   

Thanks very much for your kind words. I was having a rough programming day and this really cheered me up.

I hope CMUD turns out to be even better than you hoped. Now that the command line has been improved, it might even work well on those chat-oriented MU*s Wink

Thanks for your continued support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: