Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
NNY

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:10 am   

A few questions on triggers, buttons, and aliaeseses..

Ok, first off, i play Discworld Mud. My prompt goes something like

Hp: 917(917) Gp: 167(167) Xp: 19807

I've been able to write health guages that work, but i keep having to switch the values of HP & GP when i change chars, and i Have alot of chars.

Also there are two things i need to make sure i can only do once with a quick alias, and a varable. The first is important, cause if not done right i break my legs, and the second is death cause I'll turn into a statue because i tried to harden myself too much.
So how would i go about making an alias that only worked once, and would not work agian until I got a prompt saying it's ok to do it agian?
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:39 am   

Firstly, that is not your prompt as the only prompt in Discworld is a simple '>' which can be toggled on or off via options. I can only assume that you get that output when in combat via the 'monitor' command/function or from inputting 'score brief'.

Secondly, I will also assume you mean you need to alter the maximum values of both HP and GP (the bracketed values of each) when you login alternate characters instead of 'having to switch the values of HP & GP'. This can be achieved via a simple trigger to capture the values however first you will need to create an in game alias for each of your characters (from the command line) type:
Code:
alias afterinventory score brief

As may be obvious from the alias's name this will activate a 'score brief' after your character's inventories have been generated. Next step is the trigger to capture the required information, copy and paste the following code onto the command line changing the variable names for whatever you have used for you gauges:
Code:
#TRIGGER {^Hp~: (%n) ~((%n)~) Gp~: (%n) ~((%n)~) Xp~: (%n)} {#VARIABLE MaxHP {%2};#VARIABLE MaxGP {%4}}

Thirdly, I hope you take advantage of the limited MXP functionality that has been added to Discworld and make use of the %mud.HP and %mud.GP MXP assigned variables for updating your gauges as these values are constantly updated with most output from the mud which is far more efficient than sending 'score brief' when not in combat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: