Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
selth

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:48 am   

Odd liscense thing

Whenever I start my Zmud, I get this message

Quote:
Your trial period has expired. Click the Buy button to purchase this software, or click the Enter Key button to enter your purchased license key.

And it has 3 options. Enter Key, OK, and Buy Now!

If I click on OK, it still loads ZMud, and I look and it says clearly its registered to me. I click on Enter Key, and then on the screen it brings up for entering registration information, I click cancel and ZMud still loads fine.

I'm just confused if I should reenter my liscense information, or if something odd happened to my registry that is making it think I'm using a trial version when I'm not.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:34 am   

The license that it's asking for is probably for zMapper and not for zMUD. This can be confusing, but since zMUD tries to load zMapper on startup, if the zMapper trial has expired then you get this message, but then clicking OK or cancel will still go ahead and load zMUD (without the zMapper plugin). So, either enter your zMapper code, or uninstall zMapper.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:36 am   

:P i remember finding that one lol. Zugg got a bunch of letters from me about that issue. Luckily It turned out i just forgot to enter in the zmapper information when i restarted. Its too bad it doesnt tell you which software it was looking for. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:32 am   

That is what it was. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: