Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Lasivian Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:18 pm
Unfortunate things regarding Cmud and Zugg
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:11 pm   

maybe you should reconsider not ripping him off then oh unmiserly one whos using more licenses than paying once provides
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:18 pm   

Actually, under the elicense model you really did get 3 licenses for one purchased Order ID. Even though Zugg doesn't use elicense anymore, anyone who registered and still hasn't upgraded to a non-elicense version is legally allowed to have 3 registered copies of ZMud (not sure if that includes transferral rights for things like reformatting or going to a different computer, but I assume so as long as one of those 3 licenses is available).

For the non-elicense model you are technically allowed to only have one copy of ZMud but in reality you can have as many as you want so long as you install them within the 7-day window that your registration code is active (registration code = elicense license, except that instead of auto-renewing the reg code is forever disabled after 7 days). Zugg doesn't want to encourage this type of piracy, but he's completely at the mercy of his users' honesty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: