Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Nym
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:14 pm   

Plugin Wishlist

A few things I'd like to see:
1. Ability to switch plugins on and off on a per-character basis (hopefully pretty easy to do as a side effect of what these guys were discussing:http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=23077)

2. Instead of using the window handle as the primary identifier in calls to the plugin (MUDInput etc) please assign an arbitrary unchanging session number. The existing system has some problems because numbers change when doing things like docking windows. (documented in the Dev forum)

3. If possible, keep the two parallel interfaces (flat API and COM). I'm developing a great appreciation for the simplicity and tiny download size of the flat ones.

Nym
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:52 pm   

1. What I'm planning to do is integrate plugins with packages. When you disable a package containing a plugin, then the plugin will get disabled and unloaded. I'm still trying to work out how to handle "global" plugins.

2. I'll definitely take that into consideration. Remind me later in the beta process if I forget about this.

3. The "flat" API won't be changing. In fact, it still has all of the exact same names as zMUD for compatibility. All of the new features will only be added to the COM based interface because it is more flexible.

It is also still unclear how plugin packages will be distributed. The shared package library does not support the sharing of binary files, for obvious security reasons.

But what I'm also hoping is that the package interface and new features that will eventually be available in CMUD (such as the XML user interface stuff) will allow people to create plain packages rather than full plugins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: