Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:08 pm   

[1.03] Default installation folder

Is still "C:\Program Files\zMUD"
Not sure whether it reads certain registry files and thinks it's upgrading zMUD, but I definitely want the two existing in separate folders by default.

This was a fresh installation of CMUD on a system that has zMUD installed, rather than an upgrade of an existing CMUD install.

Last edited by Guinn on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:37 pm   

Yep, you are right. It was looking in Software\Zuggsoft in the registry instead of in Software\Zuggsoft\CMUD. zMUD puts it's install directory into Software\Zuggsoft, so the CMUD installer was seeing that.

I've changed this for 1.03, so when you install 1.03 it will not remember where previous versions of CMUD were placed.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:20 am   

I think it might be making one too many folders now. I've now got

-----HKCU
---------- Software
--------------- Zuggsoft
-------------------- CMUD
------------------------- CMUD
-------------------- ZMUD
------------------------- Plugins

And there are keys with the same name in both CMUD folders
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:19 am   

Mines fine here but i also uninstalled all the previous versions and then installed 1.03

The path is right in 1.03 via CMUD

However your license agreement text is wrong and still shows 1.02

You might want to make those fields automatically report the file version level so you dont have to remember to change each manually. Or use a global variable so you can change the version in 1 spot and it will replace it through out the program :)
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:11 pm   

There is no way to make the version in the license agreement display correctly since that's just a readme.txt file that is included by the installer.

So, I don't think you really mean the "license agreement". The license agreement is in the file LICENSE.RTF and is only displayed the first time you run CMUD. This file doesn't contain any version number. The file that displays the version is the installation notes in the installer. I think the installer calls this the license agreement, so I should probably change the title to "Installation Notes" or something like that. In any case, the installer doesn't have any way to "patch" the correct version into this TXT file.

Within CMUD itself, everything uses the proper version field automatically.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:08 pm   

Zugg, you could use a "sed" script, or batch file that uses sed from the command line, to change the version number in the TXT file. "sed" is one of the "UnixUtils" - a great collection of fast, FOS, command line utilies (inluding less, grep, gawk, head, tail, wget, etc.) by GNU ported for Win32. Then add this script to your build script. Of course, whether it's worth the effort for one file, I don't know...

http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:36 pm   

True, but we are talking about DOS batch files here. Getting the version number out of the version resource in the EXE file, converting it to a readable x.xx value and then feeding that into SED would probably take me a while to figure out. It would be quicker for me to write a program in Delphi that did this, but it's too low of a priority to worry about.

Mainly I just need to get into the habit of editing the readme.txt file and changing the version, since the whole idea of the installation notes is to update the information and mention anything special about the release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: