Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
beerygaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:02 am   

Capture multiple lines to a new tab

My Mud has a command called 'xp' that shows a list of my experience in different disciplines. Output looks like this:

Code:
xp
You currently have 775 xp.
In your existence, you have earned  112kxp.

Targeted experience (applied automatically) :-
 [      Progress      ]   %  Level Skill
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [=====>..............]  25%    9  combat.defence
 [=>..................]  10%   10  combat.offence.concussion
 [====>...............]  25%   10  combat.offence.martial-arms
 [==========>.........]  50%   16  combat.offence.piercing.blades

It would be great if I could get a timer to trigger the xp command and send the resulting output to a new window (preferably on a tab, as I've no room on my desktop) so I can check my xp when I need to.

I know how to trigger the command on a timer, but I don't know how to redirect all output to another window until I see my prompt again '<HP: 123>' - I have only managed to output a single line.

Any ideas to nudge me in the right direction please?

While I'm at it, is there any way to get the current window to display some lines in a fixed width font and other lines in variable width fonts? So far I've only managed to change the font of the whole window. I find variable fonts easier to read but some mud responses need fixed width for formatting.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:32 pm   

#MAKEWINDOW otherwindowname REDIRECT. To send it back, you will need to create a prompt trigger in that window's settings file that does the same thing for mainwindowname

Quote:

While I'm at it, is there any way to get the current window to display some lines in a fixed width font and other lines in variable width fonts?

I think so, but I haven't actually tried it. You can get the details of arguments by clicking on the ZMud Support option under the Support menu and then clicking on the MUD eXtension Protocol article link. The FONT tag is listed under Text Formatting.

#trigger {(your pattern here)} {#MXP ~<font arguments>%1~</font>}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: