Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:14 pm   

#STW %null ?

Currently I display whats needed for a Global Quest or a Campain in a window for easy viewing.
Rather than use variables I just wanted to use the #stw + command and let the info be displayed via a trigger.
The problem is that the window needs to be refreshed.
So I searched and found the %null command.
That don't work very well for me.
After I open the status window, if i type #stw %null for some reason one of my status bars gets %null inserted into it's value.
I checked some more into finding how to do this with an ID for the window.
ID'd the window as GQCPWIN.
What winds up happening is that if I type #stw GQCPWIN %null or #stw %null GQCPWIN, GQCPWIN is displayed in the window.
All I want to do is open a status window, populate it thru a trigger, issue a command that will clear it and then re-populate it with a mud command.
How do I get the window to clear itself and ONLY work on itself?
Also, I checked Charbal's Status Window Extender and while I didn't try it, it don't look like it will do what I need since I just want a simple +/%null
BTW is it just me or does the status window slow the computer to a crawl?? With the status window open (with trigger to fillit turned off) it takes a 5 hit backstab 4 seconds to fully display. with the status window off the same 5 hit backstab takes 1second to fully display. Whats the deal with that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: