Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
moose3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:36 pm   

zmud hanging after quitting

My problem is that zmud sometimes fails to fully quit. It will close with nothing in the task bar or on screen but... It begins to load occasionally when restarted but stops and when I look in task manager it is still actively running and taking about 33% of the cpu usage. I am currently using 7.21.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:46 pm   

A bit more on this, There can also be 2 instances of zmud running, one using about 45 % cpu usage, the other using about 54% when there does not seem to be any active . And yes, the lisence control service is on automatic and started.
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:58 pm   

The way that the new license protection system works you will always have 2 Zmud.exe processes running. The problem occurs when you quit zMUD and get an error at the same time, it leaves one of the processes running, when you next try to run zMUD it doesn't run. If you do get an error when quitting zMUD just go into task manager and kill the left over Zmud.exe process.
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:08 pm   

The normal reason for this kind of problem when exiting zMUD is a corrupted settings file. Go to the zMUD Support option in the Support menu at the top of this web site and then read the Migration Guide for information on fixing corrupted settings.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:57 am   

Yes sorry about that Zugg I should have mentioned that. Perhaps I'm trying to ignore the fact that one of my settings file is corrupted ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: