Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:51 pm   

Not a bug but don't know where to post

Just a request.
Where I am typing this is rather big (bigger (as in wider and longer) would be nice) but where the quick reply goes is really too small.
Yeah i know, just click preview and you get a larger window, or click post reply and you get the same larger window. So why not one on the quick reply?
*grovel*
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:12 pm   

I'm not sure what you mean by "too small". On my browser this Quick Reply window that I'm currently typing into is just as wide as the entire browser (except for the space taken by the smilies on the left). Maybe you can post a screen show of how this is different on your system.

As far as length, let's see, I can enter 11 lines of text into this quick reply window.

Remember that this is for "Quick" replies. I'm not adding all of the help buttons for bbcode and stuff like that. If you want the full editor with all the help buttons, that's what the full reply window is for.

Also remember that I don't want this quick reply to get in the way of people that are just reading the forums and not posting. At it's current length, it's the same as all of the other quick reply features that I have seen on other forums.

In fact, I use Quick Reply myself 99% of the time (even for longer posts). So I guess I'd need more details on exactly what you are looking for because it works great for me and it sounds like maybe it isn't looking the same on your browser as it is on mine. (Using Firefox here btw)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:14 pm   

Actually, I just noticed that when I click Preview or Post Reply I actually get a window that is *smaller* (in width) than this quick reply box.

So did you just mistype...are you maybe asking that the normal reply box be larger? I can probably do that.
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:23 am   

11 rows down on the quick reply.
16 rows down on the post.
And yeah, the post is not as wide as the quick reply.
Both IE and Netscape.
Just that sometimes when pasting in code on the quick reply have to scroll thru more to see the whole thing and might miss it.
To bad it's not a personal setting that you can do.
Like setting 110 wide x 20 high
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Website or Forum problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: