Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rubix_Cube

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:04 am   

Help with a mob killing script.

I am new to this forum but not new to mudding. I am able to create a script with trigger states for mobs that always will be in the same room. I first want to know how to move about and kill in an area that the mobs don't move in, but can repop in different rooms. The other is for an area for actual mobile mobs. Throughout either of these I would like at intervals to run to the nearest shop and sell looted items. The first area is a simple 5x7 area with normal cardinal directions i.e. north, south, west, east, northeast, ect. This should move from one side to the other then north, and back again. I will povide some mud output:

You are in the courtyard of a monastery. It is a very beautiful and peaceful place. Many trees and plants adorn the courtyard, and the sounds and smells of nature calm you. Every once in a while one of the monks walks by, performing his daily duties. They nod to you but never say a word.
Obvious exits: east, west, south, north
A * monk is here.

I have been able to set up trigger to auto attack these mobs, but I want to be able to have a script move my char on a specific path (from lowest left corner, 6wn6en6wn6en6w and the middle point to run the shop) through this area, killing when I come across a mob and move on when it's dead, and to keep moving if there is no one there. I think it best to make it continue under two circumstances. The first being that I killed the monk.

You begin to meditate over the corpse of a bald monk.
You trace a circle around the corpse of a bald monk with your staff
You chant softly over the corpse of a bald monk and it dissolves into the ground.
You feel revitalised by the energy from the corpse.

The second being that by sendind a 'kill monk' command and there is no monk, the mud sends this:

No monk here!

Thanks.
Rubix_Cube
Rubix_Cube

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:08 am   

I would like to amend something else that has eluded me. How do I make a trigger move my char to another location after i used 'kill all' in a room with several mobs (same, different ones, does it matter?) and have killed the last one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: