Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:33 am   

Zmud mapper doesn't move sometimes

I've configured the ZMud mapper several times, and map happily along, but when the mapper is following me (either in follow mode, or build mode) there are many instances where the mapper will just stick, and not move anymore, when entering several rooms. I thought that I could alleviate the problem by always returning to a room once a link was made (assuming that it is two way) but sometimes it will allow me to go back and forth two or three times, and then refuse to move between the two rooms anymore. Is there any solution to this problem?
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:45 am   

I've only seen that when:

1) I have a badly #TAG'd prompt. Some how my prompt is changing (fight/combat prompt or something) and zMud doesn't think I moved.
2) There is 2 roomlinks going the same direction and one is a stub. As in under room properties lets say east connects to room 100 and there is another east that doesn't connect to anything.
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:04 am   

No, it's not the exit thing, and I've checked the properties many times. The title of the room is correct, and the exits show that they are connecting to the proper rooms, the automapper just doesn't move the blue dot
Slaem
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:36 am   

Normally, when I've seen this it's cleared after recreating the room and it's links. However, I know there's a couple rooms in Dark Risings that occassionally froze my movements until I cycled the Mapper on & off. As far as I could see there were no changes in any of the room's properties, so I never knew what caused it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: