Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
xenapan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:06 am   

corrupted settings?

when i load my zmud, i get a possible corrupted settings file global.mud and sometimes when i load my characters, they load automapper (i dont use it at all) then when the window closes it often causes access violation errors (tries to read memory address 00000000 more often than not). is there any known fix for this? because after it happens, one or some of the mud windows refuse to function (any text entered will pop up an error message)

version 7.13, running windows xp SP2.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:55 pm   

Try upgrading to 7.21 and see if it goes away. It might have been fixed.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:17 pm   

That's not a problem that just goes away. It stems from a fixed-in-7.21b bug that actually trashes that file. If you aren't willing to upgrade, I'm not gonna bother telling you how to fix it because it's probably going to become recorrupted again each time you use ZMud. THAT's how pervasive that bug was and it wasn't fully fixed until like version 7.20.

Also, I believe the corrupted message thing wasn't limited to just the global.mud file.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:52 am   

im in the middle of upgrading (im actaully remaking each of my .mud files individually) however the access violation errors havent stopped. on the other hand the start up global.mud is possibly corrupted has dissapeared. in short.. the bigger problem is still not fixed. no automapper stuff has shown up yet.. but the problem is still there. just less frequent. (still happens when i close alot of windows and open new ones)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: