Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Khorm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:32 pm   

Issue with "dropped" commands.

Alright, I searched through past threads, but was unable to find a definitive answer.

Sometimes, seemingly at random, Zmud will just fail to send commands to the MUD I'm playing. I just hit enter and nothing happens, no new prompt, no nothing. Sometimes all it takes is hitting enter one more time, other times I have to try and enter the command as many as 10 times before it goes through. The commands that take as many as 10 times seem to be ones with multiple special characters like ^ % ! ~.. none of these are in my special characters list for Zmud.

Also, this is not a trigger/alias issue.. I have a whopping 1 trigger, and a staggering 3 aliases.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:01 am   

Only thing that I can think of is that you have lost window focus.

Perhaps the 10th time you click the area with your mouse and that enter goes through?
Dodgester
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:20 am   

I have in few cases noticed that even when a special character was setup to be disabled, it was still somehow enabled. I'm only guessing that it would be via the inheritance thing that's setup in zMUD as my knowledge is limited on the inheritace of zMUD, but it seems to be the very thing that gave me the most problems when it came to special characters. Given that issue, I just decided to leave them on, and use the tilde key to precede each special character so as to just deal with the issue as is.

Sincerely,

Dodgester
Khorm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:11 am   

TonDiening wrote:
Only thing that I can think of is that you have lost window focus.

Perhaps the 10th time you click the area with your mouse and that enter goes through?

Sorry, I guess I should've been a little more specific.

The command gets entered in the yellow "command" text, but it isn't recieve by the mud, thus the no new prompt or any of that.

At the suggestion of another Zmud user, I turned off "Wordwrap command line" under prefs->general->command line. Everything seems to be working perfectly now, though I have absolutely no idea wtf wordwrap command line is..

Oh well, hopefully this will help other people with the same problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: