Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
alwaysalmost
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:40 pm   

Settings window disappeared

I've had this problem happen a few times, and for the life of me, this time I can't seem to fix it, and I don't know what's wrong or what's causing it.

Everything seems to be working just ducky, all my my triggers, aliases and such are working just fine, but if I try to open up the settings window, via any of the aliases/variables/triggers/macros/etc buttons, the window just .. doesn't come up. Is there a way to reset this other than uninstallig it (which is how I've had to fix it every time)?

Thanks in advance

edit: zMUD 7.21, registered to moi.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:14 pm   

Yep, you even have three options to choose from (I recommend trying #1 first):

1)Click the Settings button to open the settings window (this reset option doesn't work if the settings editor is officially closed). Next, click on the Layout menu on the main menubar. Then mouse down to the Reset Layout submenu and choose the Settings Editor option that appears. This will move the entire Settings Editor back into the viewable space and reset all the properties/dimensions to a default value. More than likely, you will need to redock or readjust the Edit panel. If you do, I believe you have to click the little down arrow in the Settings Editor menu and turn the Dockable Property back on otherwise the Settings Editor won't accept your docking attempt.

2)open up the ZMud.ini or setting.dok file found in the main zmud directory and attempt to edit the properties. Assuming you can even do this while ZMud is running, it will require a full ZMud restart for any of the changes to take effect.

3)delete setting.dok or zmud.ini. These two files are autorecreated using a default version if they are missing, so there should be no interruption of service by deleting them. Just remember that global settings are stored in the zmud.ini file so if you want to keep any of your global settings you'll need to save them manually.
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:58 pm   

Genius. That worked, thank you. :D

Happy gobbles! Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: