Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Rivix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:33 am   

Help with Recall ....

While im not sure if this was hit upon .... i didn't find a topic depicting my certain problem ....

I started playing a mortal at my mud .... and im having a problem with Recall and parsing .... when the parsing is disabled ... recall works just fine ... however .... when parsing is enabled ..... when i type recall ... i get this

Code:
~recall %-1

This makes it infuriating for two reasons: 1) i have no clue how i did this ... as this didn't use to be a issue .... and 2) makes it so i can't use any zmud defined aliases .... which makes my PKing more hindered ....

please someone tell he how i did this .... and how to correct it so i don't do it again ..... thank you VERY VERY much .....

Rivix.
Dodgester
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:21 am   

There is an alias within the AutomapperAll class that is named "recall" and in there by default with the following commands.

~recall %-1
#RECALL

I never had a problem as you describe using the recall alias as it first send to the mud the recall command as well as any text you may have after the recall command, and then it sets your map's location to what ever room you had set as your recall location (help file shows it as start location, but even when I didn't set as start location, it still sends to recall location). The only problem that I do have with it, if I am in a cursed area/room or I am cursed, I won't be teleported to the recall location, but zMUD still thinks I have been taken to that room.

If you want to, you can right click on this alias, disable it, and then see if you still encounter this problem or not.

Sincerely,

Dodgester
Rivix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 pm   

thank you ooooooh so very much man .... my recall is no longer all screwy ....

*hops around like a little kid*

you people are awesome...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: