Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
easal
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:54 pm   

Importing Map Zone.

First off, I looked in the help files, the documentation on the website and did a search for an answer in the forum, just so you don't think I'm lazy.

I did find a reference to Zonecopy, but the link is dead, if it's freeware and anyone has a copy lieing around online anywhere I could try that.

Basically I want to transfer a single zone from a borrowed map into my own map. Only one, because it's an area that I never get around to map ( a PvP arena, frankly I'm so thankful to get a spar that I can't ask the person to wait for me to screw around mapping the place).

The import zone function is looking for .map files, which I now understand are the predessor to the .mdb files. I thought maybe I could just import the .mdb, but no, it turns into a new zone that looks like a peice of fractal art....
Besides which, I only want the single zone, not the whole borrowed map since I won't be able to keep track of where my char has been, what he's seen etc.

Now I could just map it by hand, making the rooms etc following the map pattern, but frankly, that's a royal pain.

Anyone able to help? Thanks.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:49 am   

Look for the ZoneCopy utility written by Charbal. I believe it is even available from a download page somewhere around here.
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:48 am   

Unfortunatly the link is dead.

[EDIT:] I found a public link for it at http://craigbb.home.insightbb.com
easal
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:04 pm   

Yeah the link I found was dead too. nexela was kind enough to email me copy, so problem solved.
Thanks again nexela!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: